ambari-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Perroud <ben...@noisette.ch>
Subject Re: Managing an existing cluster
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 19:41:16 GMT
Not really.

What you can do though is replace few components at the time, like starting
with zookeeper, HDFS, etc and reduce the downtime.

CDH5.3 and HDP 2.2 /should/ (no guarantee here) be protocol compatible with
HDFS, which means you could be able to stop HDFS from CDH, start with the
same fsimage and datanode datadir the HDP version and run finalize metadata
upgrade, saving lots of migration time (i.e. copying all the data from
CDH:hftp to HDP:hdfs, requiring double capacity).

Benoit