ambari-user mailing list archives

From jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can Ambari display different language in the GUI?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:43:43 GMT
1. web ui seems to be able to replace with other languages possibly by
replacing the message file. (never tested though afaik)
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-web/app/messages.js

I don't believe this can be done at runtime (aka web ui toggle) nor the
ambari build picks up smartly either.
e.g.
if you had messages_zh_CN.js at the folder but ambari build command (mvn)
does not support a switch to pick up other languages.

2. ambari-server seems pretty much hard coded English.
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/sbin/ambari-server
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/python/ambari-server.py

--
-jun