ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Benbenek, Waldyn J" <Waldyn.Benbe...@UNISYS.com>
Subject RE: Move name node wizard failing
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 19:32:44 GMT
Here is what I got from the ambari-server log

00:52:41,732 DEBUG [qtp1497642021-467 - /api/v1/clusters/had1/hosts/had1.unisys.com/host_components/ZKFC]
AmbariManagementControllerImpl:870 - ServiceComponentHost not found
org.apache.ambari.server.ServiceComponentHostNotFoundException: ServiceComponentHost not found,
clusterName=had1, serviceName=HDFS, serviceComponentName=ZKFC, hostName=had1.unisys.com

In my cluster each agent has two hostnames.  One is configured using the hostname script.
 It is an internal name and is not the same as that identified by `hosthame`.   In the case
of the name node, this is had1.unisys.com.  I understood that this should work for all things
Ambari.
The other is the public_hostname this is returned by `hostname`.  In the case of the name
node this is hadw1.

Everything in the cluster is configured using the internal hostname, that is, the name returned
by the hostname script.  The name is defined via /etc/hosts.  It works for all the rest of
Ambari.  Everything deployed and Hadoop is working fine.

I suspect that the move name node script is looking for had1.unisys.com as the name public_hostname,
that is, the name returned by `hostname`.  This will not work in our configuration.
Does that make sense?  In this case the move name node script will not work in our configuration.

This is Ambari 1.6.1

Wally