ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: problem with historyserver on secondary namenode
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:01:04 GMT
I may have been hasty in my diagnosis.  It doesn't appear to start even after hdfs is up and
running fine.  I'll dig more and see if I can figure out the real culprit here.

Greg

From: Greg <greg.hill@rackspace.com<mailto:greg.hill@rackspace.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:51 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: problem with historyserver on secondary namenode

Trying to use ambari 1.7.0 to provision and hdp 2.2 cluster.  The layout I'm using has the
yarn history server on the same host as the secondary namenode (the primary namenode is on
another host), but it fails to start because it tries to interact with hdfs before hdfs is
ready.  Here's a gist with the error:

https://gist.github.com/jimbobhickville/a25cef3a2355fc273984

Is this a bug in Ambari?  Is there any way for me to control this behavior via configuration
or in my stack layout?  I imagine this type of scenario has to have come up previously.

Greg