ambari-user mailing list archives

From David Novogrodsky <david.novogrod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Ambari 1.7 recognizing hosts running CentOS 6
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:18:01 GMT
Ok, I removed the multiple instances onf localhost.namenode.  It now only
appears on one line in the hosts file.

The main ambari server still cannot see the data nodes nor the node Ambari
is on.  Ambari is on the namenode.  When I run the install, the install
program can not connect to any node in the network.

Also I tried running /etc/init.d/network restart on one of the nodes;
datanode10 ( a virtual machine).  Now that node cannot connect to the
internet....I would like to send you the information but I am having
problems setting the document from the virtual machine.

I do not have a DNS.  These machines have hardwired IP addresses and names
in the host file. Did runn /etc/init.d/network restart break the connection?

David Novogrodsky
david.novogrodsky@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidnovogrodsky

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> You can just make the changes in /etc/hosts.  You might also
> change /etc/sysconfig/network and run /etc/init.d/network restart.
>
> Then make sure that running the 3 commands return expected results.
>
> Yusaku
>
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM, David Novogrodsky <
> david.novogrodsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ​When I installed the CentOS on the machines, I chose those name,
>> localhost.datanode01...and so on.  You mean I have to reinstall CentOS on
>> the machines again?
>>
>> Can I just make the changes in the host files?
>>
>> Will I need to recreate the SSH keys?.​
>>
>> David Novogrodsky
>> david.novogrodsky@gmail.com
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidnovogrodsky
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I would set it up like this:
>>>
>>> 127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
>>> localhost4.localdomain4*   <- do not list the hostname here. *
>>> ::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
>>> xxx.xxx.200.144 datanode10.localdomain
>>> xxx.xxx.200.107 datanode01.localdomain