ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jaimin Jetly <jai...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Adding custom service - with config
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 18:43:28 GMT
Hi Satyanarayana,

Unfortunately there is no way right now to make this happen from service
stack definition. Usually such need requirement is achieved for now by
making changes in the UI javascript code. (Pointer to the JS code: Link
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=blob;f=ambari-web/app/data/HDP2/site_properties.js;h=906ac5b8acbb5344f1e148a4cbbaadf7c72e628b;hb=HEAD>
)

I understand that it is helpful to have the control for making a config
field read-only from service definition in the stack. Please file an Apache
Jira to keep the track of this requirement.

Thanks

Jaimin Jetly

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE