ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Ambari 1.7 recognizing hosts running CentOS 6
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 17:50:38 GMT
Did you change the FQDNs like I proposed, like namenode.localdomain, rather
than localhost.namenode?
Did you ensure that the 3 commands returned the results as shown?
Can each host resolve all the other hosts by name?

If you want to get a cluster up and running on VMs, the best bet is to use:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide

This sets up all /etc/hosts and other settings in the way you want.
Then you can see how these VMs are being set up and mimic on your VMs if
you'd rather set them up from scratch.

I hope this helps.
Yusaku

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:18 AM, David Novogrodsky <
david.novogrodsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I removed the multiple instances onf localhost.namenode.  It now only
> appears on one line in the hosts file.
>
> The main ambari server still cannot see the data nodes nor the node Ambari
> is on.  Ambari is on the namenode.  When I run the install, the install
> program can not connect to any node in the network.
>
> Also I tried running /etc/init.d/network restart on one of the nodes;
> datanode10 ( a virtual machine).  Now that node cannot connect to the
> internet....I would like to send you the information but I am having
> problems setting the document from the virtual machine.
>
> I do not have a DNS.  These machines have hardwired IP addresses and names
> in the host file. Did runn /etc/init.d/network restart break the connection?
>

> David Novogrodsky
> david.novogrodsky@gmail.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidnovogrodsky
>
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> You can just make the changes in /etc/hosts.  You might also
>> change /etc/sysconfig/network and run /etc/init.d/network restart.
>>
>> Then make sure that running the 3 commands return expected results.
>>
>> Yusaku
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM, David Novogrodsky <
>> david.novogrodsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ​When I installed the CentOS on the machines, I chose those name,
>>> localhost.datanode01...and so on.  You mean I have to reinstall CentOS on
>>> the machines again?
>>>
>>> Can I just make the changes in the host files?
>>>
>>> Will I need to recreate the SSH keys?.​
>>>
>>> David Novogrodsky
>>> david.novogrodsky@gmail.com
>>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidnovogrodsky