ambari-user mailing list archives

From Fabio <anyte...@gmail.com>
Subject Saving metrics data + additional metrics
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 01:41:00 GMT
Hi everyone,
I would need a way to export Ambari/Ganglia metrics for offline analysis
to a file or database.
I found some info about doing this accessing host-specific ganglia web
interface and/or obtaining data directly from the ganglia rrds database,
but I only have ssh access to the nodes, I can't directly access them
through a browser (I'm working remotely) and it would be nice to have a
way to collect all these data at the ambari-server node. Is there a way
not to just display the information in Ambari but also save them?

Another question is about the info displayed: I need some additional
hadoop metrics like the number of containers in use, number of vcore
assigned, etc. I could not find them in the Ambari monitoring interface
and I was wondering if they are already collected by Ganglia in the
Ambari configuration or if I have to manually set-up anything. Any help
about this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Fabio