ambari-user mailing list archives

From "guxiaobo1982" <guxiaobo1...@qq.com>
Subject Re: how to install a specific version of HDP using Ambari
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 07:37:05 GMT
Is there a mapping for HDP and HDP-UTILS minor versions, if I choose to install HDP 2.1.5,
which version of HDP-UTILS should I use?

From:  "Jeff Sposetti";<jeff@hortonworks.com>;
Send time: Wednesday, Nov 5, 2014 9:10 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org"<user@ambari.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: how to install a specific version of HDP using Ambari

You are correct that Ambari will grab the latest HDP 2.1.x maintenance release repos if you
are connected to the internet (for it to check for the latest) and you select stack HDP 2.1.

But if you want to install an older version of HDP 2.1.x, do the following:

1) During install, on the Select Stack page, select HDP 2.1
2) Expand the Advanced Repository Options section

3) Enter the Base URL for the HDP 2.1.x version you wish to install (overwriting the 2.1.7.0
repo entries that show up by default)

Looking at the docs here:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.3/index.html

The Base URL for HDP is http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.1.3.0