ambari-user mailing list archives

From Laszlo Puskas <laszlo.pus...@sequenceiq.com>
Subject Re: Application timeline server doesn't start
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 21:12:28 GMT
Hi,

I managed to overcome the problem with the following setting in the yarn-site.xml  (This might
not be the perfect solution but it works)

<property>
<name>
yarn.timeline-service.generic-application-history.fs-history-store.uri
</name>
<value>${hadoop.tmp.dir}/yarn/system/history</value>
<source>yarn-site.xml</source>
</property>

Cheers,
Laszlo

On 31 Oct 2014, at 10:20, Laszlo Puskas <laszlo.puskas@sequenceiq.com> wrote:

> I meant the user seems to be created properly and the problem still persists
>
> Laszlo
>

> On 30 Oct 2014, at 17:45, Laszlo Puskas <laszlo.puskas@sequenceiq.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Erin,
>>
>> The user seems to be properly created.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Laszlo
>>

>> On 30 Oct 2014, at 17:07, Erin Boyd <eboyd@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have had this happen when the yarn user doesn't get created right.
>>> Look to make sure that yarn has a home directory:
>>> /home/yarn
>>>
>>> Erin

(FileSystemApplicationHistoryStore.java:serviceInit(123)) - Error when initializing FileSystemHistoryStorage
>>> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=yarn,
access=WRITE, inode="/":hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x