ambari-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Re: Puppet and Ambari
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 20:12:56 GMT

we extended Ambari with some components of our own, using the existing hadoop/hortonworks
puppet code as an example - all pure Ambari .. we don’t use a puppet master or anything
like that … we’d rather not throw it all away at this point .. but we would like to move
up to Ambari 1.6 … so can puppet/python component installers co-exist ? Or do we have to
re-write all of our puppet code now in Python?

From: SF Hadoop <sfhadoop@gmail.com<mailto:sfhadoop@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Puppet and Ambari

Using puppet with a newer Ambari installation is definitely possible but there are a lot of
things you no longer need it for.

In what capacity are you wishing to still use puppet and is this your own installation of
puppet (i.e., do you have a puppetmaster that you control)?

Cheers.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:47 AM, Olivier Renault <orenault@hortonworks.com<mailto:orenault@hortonworks.com>>