ambari-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Renault <orena...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Puppet and Ambari
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 08:47:29 GMT
I will let dev shoot me down if I'm totally crazy.

I guess as a workaround, you could further customise your stack by 1st
installing a puppet agent using ( bash / python ) and then you could use
this puppet to do the rest.

Thanks,
Olivier

On 8 October 2014 23:43, Aaron Cody <acody@hexiscyber.com> wrote:

>  resending this …
>
>  Q: we are on 1.2.4 and would like to upgrade to 1.6.1, but we have added
> some of our own components to the stack and would like to continue using
> puppet - is this possible?
>
>  thanks
>
>   From: Aaron Cody <acody@hexiscyber.com>
> Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM
> To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Puppet and Ambari
>
>   given the architecture was supposed to be pluggable, can we still
> continue to use puppet with versions > 1.5 ?
>
>   From: Olivier Renault <orenault@hortonworks.com>
> Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 1:07 AM
> To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Puppet and Ambari
>
>   You are correct, it's not used anymore. IIRC, it has been removed with
> version 1.5.
>
> Olivier
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

  Olivier Renault
 Solution Engineer , Hortonworks
   Mobile: +44 7500 933 036
 Email: orenault@hortonworks.com
 Website: http://www.hortonworks.com/

<http://www.twitter.com/hortonworks?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/hortonworks?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
<http://www.facebook.com/hortonworks?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
 [image: photo]
  Latest From Our Blog:  Learn How Hadoop Fits in Modern Data Architecture
at Strata
<http://hortonworks.com/blog/learn-hadoop-fits-modern-data-architecture-strata/?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE