ambari-user mailing list archives

From Anisha Agarwal <aagar...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Re: User creation/editing
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 19:20:21 GMT
Thanks Yusaku.

I was using the current password for the target user :)
I’ll file a bug for the local user.

Thanks,
Anisha

From: Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com<mailto:yusaku@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 6:34 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: User creation/editing

I meant Anisha.  Sorry!

Yusaku

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com<mailto:yusaku@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
Hi Asisha,

1. When you tried to change the password for another user, you need to type the current password
for the currently-logged-in user and the new password for the target user.  Were you typing
the current password for the target user instead?
2. Only admins can change the password for non-admin users.  This is a usability issue, but
this has not been addressed yet.  Do you want to go ahead and file a bug?

Yusaku

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Anisha Agarwal <aagarwal@hexiscyber.com<mailto:aagarwal@hexiscyber.com>>