ambari-user mailing list archives

From Anisha Agarwal <aagar...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject User creation/editing
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 00:39:54 GMT
Hi,

I am using ambari-1.2.4.

I have a couple of questions about creating/editing users from the UI.

  1.  When I create an admin user, and then try to change the password. The UI throws an error
- “An internal system exception occurred. Wrong password entered.” (I didn’t enter the
wrong password. But, if I log out and log in as the newly created user, it lets me change
the password. Can one admin user not change the password for the other?
  2.  If I create a local user, I cant change the password .. Same error as the one above.
In this case, even if I log in as the local user created, there is no option to change password.
Can the admin users not change passwords for local users? If not, how can we change password
for the local user?

Thanks,
Anisha