ambari-user mailing list archives

From Anisha Agarwal <aagar...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Re: ambari-server start failing
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 05:47:03 GMT
Thanks Alejandro.

From: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com<mailto:afernandez@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 7:07 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>,
Anisha Agarwal <aagarwal@hexiscyber.com<mailto:aagarwal@hexiscyber.com>>
Subject: Re: ambari-server start failing

Hi Anisha,

The Jira describes the solution as adding a Linux user (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-add-new-linux-user-account/)
with name ambari-server

That is resolved in later versions of Ambari (1.5.1 released on April 22, or Ambari 1.6.1
on July 19)

Thanks,
Alejandro

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Anisha Agarwal <aagarwal@hexiscyber.com<mailto:aagarwal@hexiscyber.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

I am getting a problem same as the one in this jira case:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-1833

I see this when I try to do a ambari-server start. There are no errors in the log files during
ambari-server setup.
Whats the workaround that is mentioned in this jira bug? Also, is there a fix for this yet?

I am using ambari – 1.2.4

Thanks,
Anisha

--