ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Sposetti <j...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Can't add ganglia monitor
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:57:30 GMT
Ok. In Ambari 1.6.1, Ambari Web added the ability to add Ganglia Monitors
to hosts. So that's why you don't see it. REST API is fine or you can
upgrade to 1.6.1 as well.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-5530

On a separate note: if you can file a JIRA on the failure you received
during "Add Host", that might be helpful in case there is a known issue or
something that needs attention.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Charles Robertson <
charles.robertson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks for replying - I'm using Ambari 1.6.0. Ganglia Monitor is not
> available on +Add button. The wiki page is useful - there was a failure
> during adding the host, so I guess I need to decide what my 'favourite REST
> tool' is :)
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Charles
>
> On 17 September 2014 13:37, Jeff Sposetti <jeff@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Which version of Ambari are you using?
>>
>> Browse to Hosts and then to the Host in question. Is Ganglia Monitor an
>> option on the "+ Add" button?
>>
>> BTW, checkout this wiki page. It has some info on adding components to
>> hosts (as part of adding/removing hosts from a cluster).
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40508365
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Charles Robertson <
>> charles.robertson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a node without ganglia monitor on it, and when I navigate to the
>>> host in Ambari it doesn't give me the option to add it to the host. This
>>> (seems) to be giving me warnings in Ganglia that it can't connect to
>>> certain services. This also seems to be why Ambari isn't reporting disk
>>> space usage for that node.
>>>
>>> How can I add the ganglia monitor to this node
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Charles
>>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE