ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: NameNode can't be started via Ambari Web UI --> Problematic Property is: fs.defaultFS
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:29:17 GMT
Hi Ravi,

What version of Ambari did you use, and how did you install the cluster?
Not sure if this would help, but on small test clusters, you should
define /etc/hosts on each machine, like so:

127.0.0.1 <localhost and other default entries>
::1 <localhost and other default entries>
192.168.64.101 host1.mycompany.com host1
192.168.64.102 host2.mycompany.com host2
192.168.64.103 host3.mycompany.com host3

Make sure that on each machine, "hostname -f" returns the FQDN (such
as host1.mycompany.com) and "hostname" returns the short name (such as
host1).  Also, make sure that you can resolve all other hosts by FQDN.

fs.defaultFS is set up automatically by Ambari and you should not have
to adjust it, provided that the networking is configured properly.
Ambari sets it to "hdfs://<FQDN of NN host>:8020" (e.g.,
"hdfs://host1.mycompany.com:8020)

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE