ambari-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <brian.jelt...@digitalenvoy.net>
Subject Re: certificates expired
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:06:36 GMT
Thanks. I managed to get it working earlier today by deleting all of the server and cluster
node certs,
editing /var/lib/ambari-server/keys/db/index.text.attr to set: unique_subject = no
then restarting ambari-server/ambari-agent processes. Don’t really understand the unique_subject
part, that that was necessary to get past the 'TXT_DB error number 2’ problem.

Brian

On Sep 24, 2014, at 12:58 PM, Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Try the following,
>
> Delete the certificates
> Generate new certs,
> openssl genrsa -des3 -passout pass:12345 -out ca.key 4096
> openssl req -passin pass:12345 -new -key ca.key -out ca.csr -batch
> openssl x509 -passin pass:12345 -req -days 365 -in ca.csr -signkey ca.key -out ca.crt
>
> Run ambari-server setup-https
> Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
> Setting up HTTPS properties...
> Do you want to disable SSL [y/n] n?
> SSL port [8443] ?
> Please enter path to Certificate: ca.crt
> Please enter path to Private Key: ca.key
> Please enter password for private key:
> WARNING: There is no Common name in certificate
> WARNING: Validation of certificate hostname failed
> Importing and saving certificate...done.
> NOTE: Restart Ambari Server to apply changes ("ambari-server restart|stop|start")
> Cleaning bootstrap directory (/var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap) contents...
> Adjusting ambari-server permissions and ownership...
>
> ambari-server restart
>
> Thanks,
> Alejandro
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.