ambari-user mailing list archives

From Todd S <t...@borked.ca>
Subject Re: A few questions regarding Ambari: Stateless Imaging and existing infrastructure
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:19:47 GMT
Hi Alex,

Sorry for the email confusion, I blame my email admin (sadly, it's me).

We do run the OS from RAM only - no install on the local disk.  Every boot
is done by PXE, which then mounts the data disks and we're off to the races
again.  We only use Cobbler to hand out the PXE image, which is setup as a
distro:

Name                           : hdp-dn
Architecture                   : x86_64
TFTP Boot Files                : {}
Breed                          : redhat
Comment                        :
Fetchable Files                : {}
Initrd                         : /tftpboot/hdp-dn/initrd-hdp.gz
Kernel                         : /tftpboot/hdp-dn/linux-hdp
Kernel Options                 : {}
Kernel Options (Post Install)  : {}
Kickstart Metadata             : {}
Management Classes             : []
OS Version                     : generic26
Owners                         : ['admin']
Red Hat Management Key         : <<inherit>>
Red Hat Management Server      : <<inherit>>
Template Files                 : {}

Hopefully you got things working in my lag to reply .. vacation season is
upon us!

All the best,

Todd.