ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ed Kohlwey <ekohl...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to connect to ambari instance web interface
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2014 16:36:01 GMT
Hi,
I'm attempting to set up a small ambari cluster using the 1.6.1 packages
for SLES.

I am unable to access the UI from a remote machine.

I've gone through running ambari-server setup and ambari-server start.
I'm able to get output from the server UI as one expects by running "curl
localhost:8080". Additionally, if I launch a simple python web server using
"python -m SimpleHTTPServer" I'm able to access the python web server on
8080, so I know that there's no firewall issues.

I suspect that ambari is not binding to all interfaces, just loopback. Is
there a way to explicitly get the process to bind on 0.0.0.0 instead?