ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: EC2 instance type for Ambari
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 21:29:03 GMT
It really depends on the workload you want to run on the cluster.

Are you asking about the node that will host the Ambari Server or all the
nodes in the cluster?

If its for the node hosting Ambari Server then you should have around 4 GB
of RAM and run Ambari Server, Ganglia, and Nagios on the same host. That
will leave 19 nodes for your other work load.

The requirement of other nodes depend on what workload you want to run.
What type of MR jobs or HBase capacity required, etc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE