ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: stopping host components via API
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:54:07 GMT
Anyone know if this is intentional or not?  It seems to ignore setting the
HostRole/state if the host_component is in maintenance mode.  I was able
to work around it by immediately setting maintenance mode after changing
the state. But that leads to a race condition as to whether nagios notices
the downed services before maintenance mode kicks in.

IMO, it shouldn't behave this way.  There's no safe way to stop services
as it is right now.  It should let you stop them during maintenance, as
that's really the primary reason you'd want to set maintenance.

Should I just open a bug?

Greg