ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: stopping host components via API
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:02:24 GMT
I did some debugging and it turns out that the problem is that I set
maintenance mode prior to stopping the components.  Unfortunately, this
makes it so nagios starts alerting me.  My script is attempting to remove
a slave node from a cluster by doing the following:

1. Set maintenance mode on all host_components.
2. Stop all host_components.
3. Remove all host_components.
4. Remove host from cluster.

This was what I had worked out to be the proper procedure a few weeks
back.  Am I doing something wrong or did I discover a bug?

Greg