ambari-user mailing list archives

From Michael Moss <michael.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding services (Hive/HBase) after initial installation
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:06:41 GMT
Hi. I'm curious if anyone is able to reproduce this.

I'm on a Centos6.5/Openstack VM with the latest HDP2.1. The machine was a
little light on resources so I installed it without Hive or HBase. I later
wanted to do a POC with the stinger stuff so attempted to "add service"
through Ambari.

When attempting to add Hive to this existing installation, it requires me
to included HDFS, YARN/MR2, Tez, Zookeeper (despite these all already being
installed). When arriving to the “Install, Start and Test” portion of the
Add Service Wizard, I get the error:

“Attempted to create services which already exist; ,clusterName=GoBIg
serviceNames=TEZ, ZOOKEEPER,MAPREDUCE2,HDFS, YARN”

As far as I can tell, there is no way to install Hive through Ambari after
the initial installation has already been done.

Thanks,

Mike