ambari-user mailing list archives

From Srimanth Gunturi <srima...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: stopping host components via API
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 20:03:33 GMT
Hi Greg,
Was wondering which version of Ambari you were using?

When maintenance mode is enabled on service, bulk host operations are
ignored.
When maintenance mode is enabled on hosts, service level operations are
ignored on host.
So was wondering if you enabled maintenance mode in one level, and
performed operations on another?

I tried the following on trunk, and it stopped all host-components in
maintenance mode.
=========
PUT http://c6401:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts
{
  "RequestInfo": {
    "context": "Turn On Maintenance Mode for host",
    "query": "Hosts/host_name.in(c6401.ambari.apache.org)"
  },
  "Body": {
    "Hosts": {
      "maintenance_state": "ON"
    }
  }
}
=========
PUT
http://c6401:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/c6401.ambari.apache.org/host_components
?
{
  "RequestInfo": {
    "context": "Stop All Host Components",
    "operation_level": {
      "level": "HOST",
      "cluster_name": "c1",
      "host_names": "c6401.ambari.apache.org"
    },
    "query": "HostRoles/component_name.in
(APP_TIMELINE_SERVER,DATANODE,HISTORYSERVER,NAMENODE,NODEMANAGER,RESOURCEMANAGER,SECONDARY_NAMENODE,ZOOKEEPER_SERVER)"
  },
  "Body": {
    "HostRoles": {
      "state": "INSTALLED"
    }
  }
}
=========

Maybe listing the API calls you make might help.
Regards,
Srimanth

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE