ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sen <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Is ambari agent(v1.6.0) able to install component in parallel?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:01:45 GMT
Hi,

Ambari agent uses default package manager to install packages for
components (yum for RedHat, CentOS and zypper for SLES). yum or zypper
can't be run in parallel in a single node, they create locks once they
started. But you will have hadoop components installing in parallel on
different nodes.

BR,
Dmytro Sen

--