ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Plugins Support to extend Apache Ambari Functionality
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 21:11:07 GMT
Suraj,

Please see my answers inline:

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Suraj Nayak M <snayakm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yusaku,
>
> Thanks for sharing the link. This clarifies many of my doubts, especially regarding deployment
of Views.

> Just a couple of more questions :
>
> 1. Ambari uses EmberJS (correct me if wrong), will it support AngularJS plugin development
? As AngularJS is also Client side MVC framework like EmberJS

You can use any client-side JS framework you'd like to develop new
Views, including AngularJS.  Views are isolated from Ambari Web core
(which is written in Ember.js)

> 2. Can I use HTTPS support ? I found Ambari Web supports HTTPS here.

Yes, Ambari Server (and Views) can be configured to use HTTPS.

> 3. Any limitations for plugin/view development that I should take care of? Like below
:

> Any stability issue (if any), as i see here in the documentation "This capability is
currently under development".

Yes, expect some level of changes as far as details go on the Views
framework and API.

> Will I be able to install any custom agents via Plugins/View ?

Can you clarify what you mean by this (and use cases)?

> It is very early for me to ask the Question 3 as I have not done much findings in that
area. But am curious to know.

Yusaku

> On Tuesday 08 July 2014 12:09 AM, Yusaku Sako wrote:
>
> Hi Suraj,
>
> You might also want to take a look at http://www.slideshare.net/hortonworks/ambari-views-overview
for an overview of Ambari Views.

looking for https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Views

>> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM, ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ (๏̯͡๏) <deepujain@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> +1
>>> Kafka cluster or druid cluster or custom java processes

Ambari functionality ? Are there any custom plugins already out there ?

: Kafka OR In-House Java Frameworks or tools which run on distributed mode)

>>> --
>>> Deepak
>>>

>> --
>> BR,
>> Dmitry Sen
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE