ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Adding services (Hive/HBase) after initial installation
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:49:34 GMT
Hi Michael,

Also, can you try the following call from the Ambari Server host?
This is assuming the default username/pw/port:

curl -i -u admin:admin -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X POST -d '{
"CLUSTER_CURRENT_STATUS": "{\"clusterState\":\"CLUSTER_STARTED_5\"}"
}' http://localhost:8080/api/v1/persist

After you issue the call, log out from Ambari Web UI and log back in.
Oftentimes this trick works for fixing Add Services issues.

Yusaku

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Jeff Sposetti <jeff@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi, what version of ambari are you using with HDP 2.1?
>
> ambari-server --version
>
> or in Ambari Web, under the user dropdown > About dialog.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Michael Moss <michael.moss@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi. I'm curious if anyone is able to reproduce this.
>>
>> I'm on a Centos6.5/Openstack VM with the latest HDP2.1. The machine was a
>> little light on resources so I installed it without Hive or HBase. I later
>> wanted to do a POC with the stinger stuff so attempted to "add service"
>> through Ambari.
>>
>> When attempting to add Hive to this existing installation, it requires me
>> to included HDFS, YARN/MR2, Tez, Zookeeper (despite these all already being
>> installed). When arriving to the “Install, Start and Test” portion of the
>> Add Service Wizard, I get the error:
>>
>> “Attempted to create services which already exist; ,clusterName=GoBIg
>> serviceNames=TEZ, ZOOKEEPER,MAPREDUCE2,HDFS, YARN”
>>
>> As far as I can tell, there is no way to install Hive through Ambari
>> after the initial installation has already been done.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mike
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE