ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Lysnichenko <dlysniche...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Is ambari agent(v1.6.0) able to install component in parallel?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 13:24:15 GMT
Hi,
Also you may try using yum-axelget to get packages downloaded in multiple
threads. So packages are downloaded faster.

Regarding concurrent task execution at agent, this experimental  feature
has been implemented at some time, but it caused additional troubles (e.g.
concurrent yum invocations, task timeouts due to longer task execution and
so on), so it has been removed.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Myroslav Papyrkovskyy <
mpapyrkovskyy@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> you can also setup local repositories to speed up installation:
>
> http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-1.6.0.0/bk_using_Ambari_book/content/ambari-chap1-6.html
> Usually this helps a lot in cases when nodes share single internet
> connection.
>

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Dmitry Sen <dsen@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ambari agent uses default package manager to install packages for
>> components (yum for RedHat, CentOS and zypper for SLES). yum or zypper
>> can't be run in parallel in a single node, they create locks once they
>> started. But you will have hadoop components installing in parallel on
>> different nodes.
>>
>> BR,
>> Dmytro Sen
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM, sagi <zhpeng.is@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ambari users,
>>>
>>> I am trying to deploy hadoop cluster by ambari, and  I want it to as
>>> fast as possible.
>>>
>>> When I digged into ambari agent source code, I found a parameter in
>>> ActionQueue.py named "MAX_CONCURRENT_ACTIONS = 5", but I did not find any
>>> place invoke it.
>>>
>>> So I wonder is amabri agent able to install component in parallel?
>>> If not, is there any other method to accelerate the whole installation
>>> process?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------
>>> Best Regards