ambari-user mailing list archives

From Edward King <zhan...@neusoft.com>
Subject Ambari Server start question
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:02:32 GMT
I want to install ambari under RedHatLinux,32bit OS
[root@master Desktop]#  uname -a
Linux master 2.6.32-279.el6.i686 #1 SMP Wed Jun 13 18:23:32 EDT 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

[root@master Desktop]#wget http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari-beta/centos6/1.x/beta/ambari.repo
[root@master Desktop]#cp ambari.repo /etc/yum.repos.d
[root@master Desktop]#yum -y install ambari-server
[root@master Desktop]# ambari-server setup
Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
Initializing...
Setup ambari-server
Checking SELinux...
SELinux status is 'enabled'
SELinux mode is 'enforcing'
Temporarily disabling SELinux
WARNING: SELinux is set to 'permissive' mode and temporarily disabled.
OK to continue [y/n] (y)? y
Ambari-server daemon is configured to run under user 'root'. Change this setting [y/n] (n)?

Adjusting ambari-server permissions and ownership...
Checking iptables...
iptables is disabled now. please reenable later.
Checking JDK...
JDK already exists, using /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin
To install the Oracle JDK you must accept the license terms found at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u21-license-159167.txt.
Not accepting will cancel the Ambari Server setup.
Do you accept the Oracle Binary Code License Agreement [y/n] (y)? y
Installing JDK to /usr/jdk64
/usr/sbin/ambari-server.py:1612: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated
as of Python 2.6
  print "Installation of JDK has failed: %s\n" % e.message
Installation of JDK has failed:

JDK found at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin. Would you like to re-download
the JDK [y/n] (y)? n
ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1. Reason: Downloading or installing JDK failed: 'Fatal exception:
Unable to install JDK. Please remove JDK file found at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin
and re-run Ambari Server setup, exit code 1'. Exiting.

My OS is 32bit,not 64bit,first I download jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin,but it can't install.so I
download jdk-6u31-linux-i586.bin and install it by following command
[root@master Desktop]#./jdk-6u31-linux-i586.bin

Then I start ambari-server,but it failed,like follows
[root@master ~]# ambari-server start
Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
Starting ambari-server
Looking for available JDKs at /usr/jdk64
Found: ['/usr/jdk64/jdk1.6.0_45']
Selected JDK /usr/jdk64/jdk1.6.0_45
Ambari Server running with 'root' privileges.
Running initdb: This may take upto a minute.
About to start PostgreSQL
ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1. Reason: Unable to start PostgreSQL server. Exiting

So I try start PostgreSQL manually,like follows:
[root@master Desktop]# su - postgres
-bash-4.1$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2014-07-24 23:46:20 PDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/33A7D8
LOG:  redo record is at 0/33A7D8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 565; next OID: 10794
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484146, limited by database "postgres"
FATAL:  database "null" does not exist
FATAL:  database "null" does not exist

Then I start ambari-server again,like follows:
[root@master ~]# ambari-server start
Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
Starting ambari-server
Looking for available JDKs at /usr/jdk64
Found: ['/usr/jdk64/jdk1.6.0_45']
Selected JDK /usr/jdk64/jdk1.6.0_45
Ambari Server running with 'root' privileges.
Checking iptables...
iptables is disabled now. please reenable later.
Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid
Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out
Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
Ambari Server 'start' completed successfully.

Then I open firefox,visit ambari server, http://master:8080  ,but I can't visit,it shows:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at master:8080.

My hosts file is follows:
[root@master ~]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
10.18.18.5 master

Then I view status of ambari-server,it shows:
[root@master ~]# ambari-server status
Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
Ambari-server status
Ambari Server not running. Stale PID File at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid

Why? Where is wrong? I am puzzled with ambari server for several days. How to solve it?

Thanks & Regards,
Edward

of
is