ambari-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Nayak M <snay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugins Support to extend Apache Ambari Functionality
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 17:14:38 GMT
Jeff,

Thanks for the link and providing the information regarding Stack.

  * Does extending a Stack and adding Custom Service is isolated from
    Ambari Core ? Or does it need a re build and re-deploy of Ambari ?
  * I saw the Confluence page which describes the structure of the stack
    in detail along with an example of *Implementing a Custom Client
    Service*. Am curious about the below code :

|<scriptType>PYTHON</scriptType>|

Which are the other languages supported currently apart from Python ?

--
Thanks
Suraj Nayak

On Tuesday 08 July 2014 05:53 PM, Jeff Sposetti wrote:
> For that, you'll want to look at extending a Stack and adding a Custom
> Service. This allows you to define how to control install, configure,
> start, stop of components of a Custom Service in the cluster. Once
> that Service is in place, then you can use a View to execute the
> Ambari REST API to perform the operations.
>
> Checkout this wiki page for more info.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571133
>

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Suraj Nayak M <snayakm@gmail.com
> <mailto:snayakm@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yusaku,
>
>     Thanks for your answers. It saved lot of my time. Appreciate your
>     help!
>
>     Regarding the question */"Will I be able to install any custom
>     agents via Plugins/View ?"/* :
>
>     Lets consider the use case of Kafka Broker monitoring in Server2
>     and Server3 while Ambari Server is running in Server1. This
>     require agents to be installed /(let me know if this is not the
>     right way. Any suggestions welcome)/ in Server2 and Server3 for
>     sending heartbeat information such as its health, statistics,
>     etc., . Thus a custom agents need to be run on Server2 and
>     Server3. Can I deploy these agents to Server2 and Server3 via
>     Custom View (From the Web UI by selecting Server2 and Server3 for
>     agent Installation) ?
>
>     Am trying to achieve the following:
>
>       * Admin should be easily deploy the custom agent on the servers
>         in the cluster and monitor the health of the custom process
>         which is running on those servers.
>       * Restart the failed process.
>       * Check the log files created by the process in the remote
>         Server from the web UI.
>
>     --
>     Suraj Nayak
>
>     On Tuesday 08 July 2014 02:41 AM, Yusaku Sako wrote:
>>     Suraj,
>>
>>     Please see my answers inline:
>>

>>     On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Suraj Nayak M<snayakm@gmail.com>  <mailto:snayakm@gmail.com>
 wrote:
>>>     Yusaku,
>>>
>>>     Thanks for sharing the link. This clarifies many of my doubts, especially
regarding deployment of Views.

>>>     Just a couple of more questions :
>>>
>>>     1. Ambari uses EmberJS (correct me if wrong), will it support AngularJS plugin
development ? As AngularJS is also Client side MVC framework like EmberJS
>>     You can use any client-side JS framework you'd like to develop new
>>     Views, including AngularJS.  Views are isolated from Ambari Web core
>>     (which is written in Ember.js)
>>
>>>     2. Can I use HTTPS support ? I found Ambari Web supports HTTPS here.
>>     Yes, Ambari Server (and Views) can be configured to use HTTPS.
>>
>>>     3. Any limitations for plugin/view development that I should take care of?
Like below :

>>>     Any stability issue (if any), as i see here in the documentation "This capability
is currently under development".
>>     Yes, expect some level of changes as far as details go on the Views
>>     framework and API.
>>
>>>     Will I be able to install any custom agents via Plugins/View ?
>>     Can you clarify what you mean by this (and use cases)?
>>
>>>     It is very early for me to ask the Question 3 as I have not done much findings
in that area. But am curious to know.
>>     Yusaku
>>
>>>     On Tuesday 08 July 2014 12:09 AM, Yusaku Sako wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi Suraj,
>>>
>>>     You might also want to take a look athttp://www.slideshare.net/hortonworks/ambari-views-overview
 for an overview of Ambari Views.

what you're looking forhttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Views

 <mailto:deepujain@gmail.com>  wrote:
> [...]
one can extend Ambari functionality ? Are there any custom plugins already out there ?

(Example : Kafka OR In-House Java Frameworks or tools which run on distributed mode)

to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution,
disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. Thank You.