ambari-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Nayak M <snay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugins Support to extend Apache Ambari Functionality
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 08:10:25 GMT
Yusaku,

Thanks for your answers. It saved lot of my time. Appreciate your help!

Regarding the question */"Will I be able to install any custom agents
via Plugins/View ?"/* :

Lets consider the use case of Kafka Broker monitoring in Server2 and
Server3 while Ambari Server is running in Server1. This require agents
to be installed /(let me know if this is not the right way. Any
suggestions welcome)/ in Server2 and Server3 for sending heartbeat
information such as its health, statistics, etc., . Thus a custom agents
need to be run on Server2 and Server3. Can I deploy these agents to
Server2 and Server3 via Custom View (From the Web UI by selecting
Server2 and Server3 for agent Installation) ?

Am trying to achieve the following:

  * Admin should be easily deploy the custom agent on the servers in the
    cluster and monitor the health of the custom process which is
    running on those servers.
  * Restart the failed process.
  * Check the log files created by the process in the remote Server from
    the web UI.

--
Suraj Nayak

On Tuesday 08 July 2014 02:41 AM, Yusaku Sako wrote:
> Suraj,
>
> Please see my answers inline:
>

> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Suraj Nayak M <snayakm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yusaku,
>>
>> Thanks for sharing the link. This clarifies many of my doubts, especially regarding
deployment of Views.

>> Just a couple of more questions :
>>
>> 1. Ambari uses EmberJS (correct me if wrong), will it support AngularJS plugin development
? As AngularJS is also Client side MVC framework like EmberJS

> You can use any client-side JS framework you'd like to develop new
> Views, including AngularJS.  Views are isolated from Ambari Web core
> (which is written in Ember.js)
>
>> 2. Can I use HTTPS support ? I found Ambari Web supports HTTPS here.
>
> Yes, Ambari Server (and Views) can be configured to use HTTPS.
>
>> 3. Any limitations for plugin/view development that I should take care of? Like below
:

>> Any stability issue (if any), as i see here in the documentation "This capability
is currently under development".
> Yes, expect some level of changes as far as details go on the Views
> framework and API.
>
>> Will I be able to install any custom agents via Plugins/View ?
> Can you clarify what you mean by this (and use cases)?
>
>> It is very early for me to ask the Question 3 as I have not done much findings in
that area. But am curious to know.
> Yusaku
>
>> On Tuesday 08 July 2014 12:09 AM, Yusaku Sako wrote:
>>
>> Hi Suraj,
>>
>> You might also want to take a look at http://www.slideshare.net/hortonworks/ambari-views-overview
for an overview of Ambari Views.

looking for https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Views

extend Ambari functionality ? Are there any custom plugins already out there ?

: Kafka OR In-House Java Frameworks or tools which run on distributed mode)

>>> --
>>> BR,
>>> Dmitry Sen
>>>
>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.