ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yixiao Lin <yix...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Ambari Server start question
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:30:14 GMT
Hi Edward,

I had a problem starting the postgresql on my RHEL6 and fixed it by reinstalling it. Hope
this helps:

Reinstall the PostGreSql server:

$ yum remove postgresql-server
$ yum install postgresql-server
$ rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log
$ service postgresql initdb

Best,
Yixiao

On Friday, July 25, 2014 9:18 AM, Yixiao Lin <yixiao@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

Hi Edward,

It looks like you are having trouble starting postgreSQL. You should try to resolve that issue
before starting Ambari.
Also, when the server started and then shut down abnormally, you should check the Ambari server
log for the error message. The default Ambari Server Log is under: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
I would assume the log will tell you Ambari server failed to connect to the database, please
share that log with us.

Best,
Yixiao