ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yixiao Lin <yix...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Questions regarding kerberos security and oozie install script
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:03:06 GMT
Hi all,

Question1:
When I was trying to enable kerberos security, it says
	1. Application Timeline Server component of YARN service will be deleted as part of enabling
security
What is the reason behind this? From my point of view, ATS should be at least available to
the administrator. At Yahoo, we are using Hadoop with kerberos enabled but we still have ATS
running. Is it something not right about my cluster?

 Question2:
I have been digging through the python scripts and shell scripts trying to figure out how
each service is deployed through Ambari-agent. For example, where does oozie get the install
mirror? What scripts governs that? I am asking this because I am trying to define my own stack
and want to write the scripts in a similar fashion as HDP stack.

Any help would be appreciated!
Yixiao Lin