ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yixiao Lin <yix...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Fix to class not found errors
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 21:24:58 GMT
Hi all,

I have been working on this problem for a week now, finally found a fix to it!

Problem: I can install my services fine, but when trying to start history server/ node manager,
it will return error as "Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell"
This is due to environment not set up correctly since on my cluster, I had HADOOP_PREFIX and
HADOOP_CONF_DIR pointing to my none HDP hadoop.

Fix: edit this file:
/usr/lib/hadoop/libexec/hadoop-config.sh

just add
unset HADOOP_PREFIX
unset HADOOP_CONF_DIR
somewhere before it calls hadoop-layout.sh
unset your other hadoop variables as well if you set them up earlier.

Good luck to all!
Yixiao Lin