ambari-user mailing list archives

From Deepak <deepuj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 1.6.0 installation error
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 14:41:24 GMT
Hello
I have had similar error.
You need to store ssh public key of ambari server into root user of .ssh/authorized_keys file
in every host you add using web GUI. This must be done manually. Remember its root user and
not any other user.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 23-Jun-2014, at 7:35 pm, Dimitris Bouras <dmpour23@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Shouldn't the shell command in bootstrap.sh do this fo rme?
>
> mkdir -p /root/.ssh; chmod 600 /root/.ssh; cp /home/vagrant/.ssh/authorized_keys /root/.ssh/
>

>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Olivier Renault <orenault@hortonworks.com>
wrote:
>> It's probably a good assumption. You need to have distributed the public ssh key
to every hosts ahead of time.

>> An alternative is to install ambari-agent on each node, configured it (edit /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.conf
and point it to your ambari-server) and start the agent.

>> Thanks
>> Olivier
>>
>>> On 23 Jun 2014 12:48, "Dimitris Bouras" <dmpour23@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The steps I follow to setup ambari are based on the Quick start Guide are:
>>>
>>> 1)cd centos6.5
>>> 2)./up.sh 3
>>> 3) vagrant ssh c6501
>>> 4) sudo su -
>>> 4a) yum install wget
>>> 5) wget http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.6.0/ambari.repo
..setup star...etc.
>>> 6) login to c6501:8080
>>> 7) Define my range expression:
>>> c65[01-03].ambari.apache.org
>>>
>>> Specify the the non-root SSH user vagrant, and upload insecure_private_key file
that I copied earlier as the private key.

>>> Here is where the process fails, probably due to me not setting up  passwordless
ssh. Is this a correct assumption ?
>>> or is there some other kind of error in my setup ? (since the vagrant insecure
key should do the trick?)
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Dimitri
>>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.