ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: weird error using the ambari API to kick a cluster
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 13:48:28 GMT
Oh, I see I skipped a step with the 'add_config' section.  Does Ambari not pick sensible defaults
if the user doesn't provide this information?

Greg

From: Greg <greg.hill@rackspace.com<mailto:greg.hill@rackspace.com>>
Date: Monday, June 23, 2014 8:27 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: weird error using the ambari API to kick a cluster

Thanks for the help on Friday.  I was able to get most of the way to using the Ambari API
to set up a test cluster, but I'm now stuck on a fairly cryptic problem again.

I'm running into an error on the Ambari agent side, but I'm confused as to the source of the
error.  I imagine I'm not passing in some required configuration, but the API made no complaints
about my lack of providing it.

My setup is a 3 VM vagrant/virtualbox setup on my local machine using the Ambari quick start
guide located here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide

I wrote a POC script based on the instructions here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Create+a+new+Cluster

Here's a gist with the error message I'm getting from the ambari agent and the script I'm
using:
https://gist.github.com/jimbobhickville/e0f744624742b02d2ce6

As far as I can tell, the error occurs after I call install_all_services()

It sounds like the Ambari agent is expecting a 'global' config section to exist, but it is
not requiring me to provide it, and it is not provided by the bootstrap process.

Any ideas?

Greg