ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject weird error using the ambari API to kick a cluster
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 13:27:05 GMT
Thanks for the help on Friday.  I was able to get most of the way to using the Ambari API to
set up a test cluster, but I'm now stuck on a fairly cryptic problem again.

I'm running into an error on the Ambari agent side, but I'm confused as to the source of the
error.  I imagine I'm not passing in some required configuration, but the API made no complaints
about my lack of providing it.

My setup is a 3 VM vagrant/virtualbox setup on my local machine using the Ambari quick start
guide located here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide

I wrote a POC script based on the instructions here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Create+a+new+Cluster

Here's a gist with the error message I'm getting from the ambari agent and the script I'm
using:
https://gist.github.com/jimbobhickville/e0f744624742b02d2ce6

As far as I can tell, the error occurs after I call install_all_services()

It sounds like the Ambari agent is expecting a 'global' config section to exist, but it is
not requiring me to provide it, and it is not provided by the bootstrap process.

Any ideas?

Greg