ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How long does Ambari retain metrics?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 17:46:12 GMT
Ambari currently uses Ganglia/RRD (Round Robin Database) to collect metrics.

You can modify the granularity and how long the samples are kept by
modifying:
*
/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/services/GANGLIA/package/files/gmetadLib.sh
(in case of Hadoop 2)
or
*
/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/1.3.2/services/GANGLIA/package/files/gmetadLib.sh
(in case of Hadoop 1)
on the ambari-server host.

See [1] on how to tweak the numbers.

[1] http://blog.vuksan.com/2010/12/14/misconceptions-about-rrd-storage/