ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 1.6.0 installation error
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 21:59:16 GMT
Hi all,

The Quick Start Guide [1] was missing the step to copy the
insecure_priviate_key file to the OS-specific project folder.
The Wiki has been updated to add this step.
You don't need to manually distribute or configure SSH on all VMs.  Once
the insecure_private_key file is in place in the project folder,
bootstrap.sh does the rest (including passwordless ssh login for root).

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Quick+Start+Guide

Yusaku

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Deepak <deepujain@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I have had similar error.
> You need to store ssh public key of ambari server into root user of
> .ssh/authorized_keys file in every host you add using web GUI. This must be
> done manually. Remember its root user and not any other user.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 23-Jun-2014, at 7:35 pm, Dimitris Bouras <dmpour23@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Shouldn't the shell command in bootstrap.sh do this fo rme?
>
> mkdir -p /root/.ssh; chmod 600 /root/.ssh; cp
> /home/vagrant/.ssh/authorized_keys /root/.ssh/
>

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Olivier Renault <orenault@hortonworks.com
> > wrote:
>
>> It's probably a good assumption. You need to have distributed the public
>> ssh key to every hosts ahead of time.
>>
>> An alternative is to install ambari-agent on each node, configured it
>> (edit /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.conf and point it to your
>> ambari-server) and start the agent.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Olivier
>> On 23 Jun 2014 12:48, "Dimitris Bouras" <dmpour23@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> The steps I follow to setup ambari are based on the Quick start Guide
>>> are:
>>>
>>> 1)cd centos6.5
>>> 2)./up.sh 3
>>> 3) vagrant ssh c6501
>>> 4) sudo su -
>>> 4a) yum install wget
>>> 5) wget
>>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos6/1.x/updates/1.6.0/ambari.repo
>>> ..setup star...etc.
>>> 6) login to c6501:8080
>>> 7) Define my range expression:
>>> c65[01-03].ambari.apache.org
>>>
>>> Specify the the non-root SSH user vagrant, and upload
>>> insecure_private_key file that I copied earlier as the private key.
>>>
>>> Here is where the process fails, probably due to me not setting up
>>> passwordless ssh. Is this a correct assumption ?
>>> or is there some other kind of error in my setup ? (since the vagrant
>>> insecure key should do the trick?)
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Dimitri
>>>

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE