ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Mutyala <rmuty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't install ambari
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 02:16:05 GMT
These are the prerequisites for a build. You are missing npm.

   - JDK 1.6.0
   <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html>
   - Apache Maven 3.0.5 <http://maven.apache.org/download.cgi> <- Maven
   3.1.0 results in errors when building ambari-agent
   - Python 2.6
   -

   Python setuptools - python 2.6: Download
   <http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.6/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg#md5=bfa92100bd772d5a213eedd356d64086>
   or python 2.7: Download
   <https://pypi.python.org/packages/2.7/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg#md5=fe1f997bc722265116870bc7919059ea>
   and run:
   2.6:
   sh setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg

   2.7
   sh setuptools-0.6c11-py2.7.egg
    - rpmbuild (rpm-build package)
   - g++ (gcc-c++ package)
   -

   NodeJS <http://nodejs.org/download/> - v0.10.2 or later is recommended.
    Latest version tested for compatibility is v0.10.24 (as of Jan 15, 2014).
    Download the binary tarball, extract, and put the bin directory in your
   PATH.  Verify that you can run the command *node* and *npm.  *Alternatively,
   you can use *yum* to install NodeJS if you are on Fedora 18:
   #Fedora 18: sudo yum update audit; sudo yum --enablerepo=updates-testing
   install nodejs npm
    -

   Brunch 1.7.13 (to install it, run the following command after NodeJS is
   installed):
   npm install -g brunch@1.7.13