ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Existing postgres db
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 04:16:17 GMT
The configs that determine the postgres db are in ambari.properties file:

   - server.jdbc.user.passwd=/etc/ambari-server/conf/password.dat
   - server.jdbc.user.name=ambari
   - server.jdbc.database=ambari

If you are restoring the database on the original host and ambari-server is
running on the same host then likely you do not need to make any config
changes. Ensure that ambari-server is stopped while you restore the
database. You may want to refer to details regarding how to restore the
postgres database. Usually pgdump is the way to take db backup so restoring
from /var/lib/pgsql seems a little unconventional. See if you can find any
documentation of restoring that way.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE