ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Running smoke test
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 14:10:01 GMT
Can you provide some details on what type of check you want to do?

You can use custom actions support for that. You will need to define a
custom action first. There is API only support for issuing custom action on
all hosts and then the action can perform the test and then report back
results.

What version of Ambari are you using? I need to check if custom action is
supported.

-Sumit

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Anisha Agarwal <aagarwal@hexiscyber.com>
wrote:

>  Thanks for the explanation Sumit.
> I have some tests which I want to run on all hosts on the cluster each
> time.
> How can I make that happen?
>
>  Thanks,
> Anisha
>
>   From: Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
> Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM
> To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Running smoke test
>
>   The implementation of smoke test depends on what will happen when you
> run smoke tests. Smoke tests shipped with the stacks test the services for
> basic capabilities - e.g. hbase smoke test will create a table. From the
> perspective of creating a table it does not make much sense to test it on
> all hosts.
>
>  A client instance is randomly chosen and the test is ran only from one
> client host. As its random, you may notice that different host got used on
> different runs of the same test.
>
>  -Sumit
>

> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Anisha Agarwal <aagarwal@hexiscyber.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I have a couple of questions about running smoke tests.
>>
>>  1. Both during installation, and post installation (using
>> maintenance->run smoke test), I see that the smoke test run on a single
>> host. How is this host decided when running smoke tests? It is different
>> for me during installation, and post-installation.
>>
>>  2. Is it possible to run smoke tests on all hosts in the cluster?
>>
>>  Thanks,
>> Anisha
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE