ambari-user mailing list archives

From Emma Lin <l...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Question about how to change name node ip address after cluster is created by Ambari
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 06:17:12 GMT

Hello guys,
I'm working on provisioning cluster through Ambari now. But we're use DHCP network, and the
ip address might be changed after the cluster is created. Either while the node is restarted,
or the IP address of one node might be changed directly by DHCP server.

So I want to know if there is easy solution from Ambari to handle such issue. The ip change
might happen for all of nodes, including name node, jobtracker/resource manager, etc.

I didn't get any information for this topic from the Ambari document. Your any comment is
appreciated.

thanks,
Emma