ambari-user mailing list archives

From Emma Lin <l...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Question about how to change name node ip address after cluster is created by Ambari
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 02:45:43 GMT
Sid,
Got it. Thank you for the information.

thanks
Emma
----- Original Message -----

From: "Siddharth Wagle" <swagle@hortonworks.com>
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:09:41 PM
Subject: Re: Question about how to change name node ip address after cluster is created by
Ambari

Hi Emma,

Ambari presently does not support changing hostnames dynamically.

There is a Jira open for this, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-4670 . But current
trunk has no support for it.

I would recommend setting up the DDNS server.

-Sid

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:59 AM, Emma Lin < line@vmware.com > wrote:

Thanks Sid for your prompt response.
But in our user scenarios, some of them might not have DDNS configured, so the host name might
still be changed at the same time.

So so far, I need to know if Ambari can support this ip and host name changing scenario. If
yes, we can integrate with this function, if no, I will get a reasonable justification for
DDNS setup in user's environment.

thanks,
Emma