ambari-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Renault <orena...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: how to install and distribute master services in 4 nodes.
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:46:57 GMT
Hi Alex,

You may to have a look at the Hortonworks sandbox. It is a self contained
VM which also include some tutorials. The tutorials will walk you through
ingesting data, processing it and visualising the results.

Good luck
Olivier

On 10 April 2014 10:13, Alex Lee <eliyart@hotmail.com> wrote:

> May want to quickly pickup and we have 2 projects on it.
>
> ------------------------------
> From: eliyart@hotmail.com
> To: orenault@hortonworks.com
> CC: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
>
> Subject: RE: how to install and distribute master services in 4 nodes.
> Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:52:34 +0800
>

> There is still a advanced Hbase config Hbase local directory still under
> root.
>
> After change it to under hadoop, all been runup.[image: Emoji]
>
> I cannot make it without the help, thanks.
>
> Is there any entry level hello application case. I tried to get some
> weather data and gequest.com/c/flight2-final/data   They may over entry
> level.
>
> Ned to learn how to store and manage big data. Is there any doc or
> example, thanks,
>

> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 18:59:55 +0200
> Subject: Re: how to install and distribute master services in 4 nodes.
> From: orenault@hortonworks.com
> To: eliyart@hotmail.com
> CC: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
>
> Could you share the logs when starting HBase master from Ambari
>
> Thanks,
> Olivier
>

> On 8 April 2014 17:36, Alex Lee <eliyart@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> After restart the PC of node 1, now can login as admin/admin. Most
> services not started, tried to started one by one. Finally only the Hbase
> cannot start as below.
> http://postimg.org/image/movef7ti1/
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 15:02:59 +0100
>
> Subject: Re: how to install and distribute master services in 4 nodes.
> From: orenault@hortonworks.com
> To: eliyart@hotmail.com
> CC: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
>
> That;s strange it should be admin/admin. YOu might want to clear the cache
> of your webbrowser.
>
> Kind regards,
> Olivier
>

> On 8 April 2014 14:42, Alex Lee <eliyart@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tried to start one service in webui and it is successful.
>
> But when trying to login ambari web server again using admin/admin,
> it said invalid username/password combination. I never changed the password.
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 10:21:16 +0100
>
> Subject: RE: how to install and distribute master services in 4 nodes.
> From: orenault@hortonworks.com
> To: eliyart@hotmail.com
> CC: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
>

> Your installation has been completed, you can simply start the services
> from the service tab in the webui.
>
> Kind regards
> Olivier
> On 8 Apr 2014 10:17, "Alex Lee" <eliyart@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> After changing the install folder to hadoop, it is almost done. [image:
> Emoji]
>
> Now 3 nodes completed the installation and the 3rd node stopped at a
> checking of the start of a service as below.
> [...]

  Latest From Our Blog:  HDFS ACLs: Fine-Grained Permissions for HDFS Files
in Hadoop <http://hortonworks.com/blog/hdfs-acls-fine-grained-permissions-hdfs-files-hadoop/?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE