ambari-user mailing list archives

From Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com>
Subject Re: Finding valid properties for config via Ambari 1.5
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 23:53:10 GMT
Sorry, I guess I was looking for a way to query the properties through a
REST interface before things are really deployed. I am attempting to
automate the configuration entirely through the Ambari REST API.

In my example from the first note, that API into the stack provides almost
all of the configuration parameters. I have the following questions about
that:

- What's the purpose for this API?
- Is there a reason the list of parameters is not complete?
- How does this list get generated? Is it controlled by something defined
in the stack definition?
- If it's not in the stack, would it make sense to go in that direction?

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
-Chris