ambari-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Using Ambari with vanilla Apache releases
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 23:22:00 GMT
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Mahadev Konar <mahadev@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>  That sounds reasonable. Yes you can do specific repos per Stack and that
> should work fine.

Speaking of which: I've tried to pick the low hanging fruit around using
Ambari with Bigtop a few times and always ran into various issues on
the Ambari side. Now it is entirely possible that these are pilot errors,
but since I'm not Ambari expert I couldn't resolve those quickly enough.

Do you think there's enough interest in enabling this functionality so
that some of the Amabari folks and Bigtop folks can get together
for a hackathon of sorts and hash the issues out?

Once we have the minimum viable functionality we can get it from there.

Роман.