ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Benbenek, Waldyn J" <Waldyn.Benbe...@UNISYS.com>
Subject RE: fail messages from Ambari
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:17:34 GMT
Olivier,

Thanks for your note.  The problem was not the Java, it was the host name.  It is listed as
localhost when it should be the host with the Ambari server.  The Ambari server name is correct
in the ambari-agent.ini file.  Perhaps there is another parameter that needs to be set.  I
have circumvented the problem for the moment by redefining localhost in the /etc/hosts file
of the agent to be the ambari server.   Not a great solution but I am able to keep going.

Thanks again,

Wally

From: Olivier Renault [mailto:orenault@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 4:02 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: fail messages from Ambari

You can run ambari-server setup -j /path/to/your/jdk

You should also make sure that you have got it installed on all nodes in your clusters.

Kind regards
Olivier
On 8 Apr 2014 19:38, "Benbenek, Waldyn J" <Waldyn.Benbenek@unisys.com<mailto:Waldyn.Benbenek@unisys.com>>
wrote:
I am getting the following message about a failure to load a package.  I can't tell what the
package is that it is complaining about.
Does anyone have  a clue.

^[[1;35merr: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Hdp::Java::Package[snmp]/Exec[mkdir
-p /tmp/HDP-artifacts/ ; curl -kf --retry 10 http://localhost:8080/resources//jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin<http://localhost:8080/resources/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin>
-o /tmp/HDP-artifacts//jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin snmp]/returns: change from notrun to 0 failed:
mkdir -p /tmp/HDP-artifacts/ ; curl -kf --retry 10 http://localhost:8080/resources//jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin<http://localhost:8080/resources/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin>
-o /tmp/HDP-artifacts//jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin returned 7 instead of one of [0] at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp/manifests/java/package.pp:49^[[0m
^[[0;36mnotice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snmp/Hdp::Package[snmp]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[snmp]/Hdp::Java::Package[snmp]/Exec[mkdir
-p /usr/jdk64 ; chmod +x /tmp/HDP-artifacts//jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin; cd /usr/jdk64 ; echo
A | /tmp/HDP-artifacts//jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin -noregister > /dev/null 2>&1 snmp]:
Dependency Exec[mkdir -p /tmp/HDP-artifacts/ ; curl -kf --retry 10 http://localhost:8080/resources//jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin<http://localhost:8080/resources/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin>
-o /tmp/HDP-artifacts//jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin snmp] has failures: true^[[0m

I believe I have snmp installed.  My local java is 1.7 sdk.  Is that the problem?  Do I need
to tell is somehow about that?

Thanks,

Wally

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE