ambari-user mailing list archives

From asif sajjad <asif.sajjad....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ambari use Horton Repo only?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 06:32:21 GMT
Hi Yusaku,

Thanks a lot for great guidance.

We want to install Apache Hadoop services
(HDFS<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/hdfs>
, MapReduce <http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/mapreduce>,
Hive<http://hive.apache.org/>
, HCatalog <http://incubator.apache.org/hcatalog>,
HBase<http://hbase.apache.org/>
, ZooKeeper <http://zookeeper.apache.org/>,
Oozie<http://incubator.apache.org/oozie/>
, Pig <http://pig.apache.org/>, Sqoop <http://sqoop.apache.org/>

) across any number of hosts by using Ambari REST
APIs<https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/index.md>.
We
don't want to use Horton Distribution. We want to install services of
Apache only. We don't want to remain dependent on any distribution. We only
want to use open source apache hadoop services
(HDFS<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/hdfs>
, MapReduce <http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/mapreduce>,
Hive<http://hive.apache.org/>
, HCatalog <http://incubator.apache.org/hcatalog>,
HBase<http://hbase.apache.org/>
, ZooKeeper <http://zookeeper.apache.org/>,
Oozie<http://incubator.apache.org/oozie/>
, Pig <http://pig.apache.org/>, Sqoop <http://sqoop.apache.org/> ).

We want to manage Hadoop Cluster by Ambari REST
APIs<https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/index.md>
.

We want to monitor Hadoop Cluster by

If it is possible all through Ambari REST APIs at mature level. Kindly
 guide me the steps which we need to follow.

Warm Regards,

Asif Sajjad